Tapio Pahikkala currently works as an assistant professor at the Department of Information Technology, University of Turku, Finland. His research interests consists of the theory and algorithmics of machine learning and data analysis methods, and their applications in various different fields.
- Prostate Cancer DREAM Challenge: Our team won the 1st price in Sub-Challenge 1a. See also the press release.
- We organized at ECML/PKDD 2015 a workshop on Big Multi-Target Prediction.
- IEEE Computational Intelligence Society has given the 2015 IEEE CIS Outstanding TFS Paper award, recognizing outstanding papers published in
the IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems in the year of 2012, for our paper written jointly with the KERMIT research unit at the
University of Ghent:
Willem Waegeman, Tapio Pahikkala, Antti Airola, Tapio Salakoski, Michiel Stock, and Bernard De Baets. A kernel-based framework for learning graded relations from data. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, 20(6):1090-1101, December 2012. DOI
- Broad-DREAM Gene Essentiality Prediction Sub-Challenge 3: Our team won the 1st price.
A joint research project with TribeFlame Ltd.
Computational Analysis of Mobile Game Data2015.10.01– 2016.09.30.
The Finnish Funding Agency for Technology and Innovation (Tekes) funded project
New computational methods for the effective utilization of public data2013.01.01.-2014.12.31.
- Academy of Finland, Postdoctoral researchers project for the years 2010-2012: "Machine Learning for Automated Solving of Multitask Problems".